Local Music 101
If you're new to town, or maybe just don't get out that much, you might not know how great the local music scene is here. We've got some kick-ass bands in Burlington in lots of genres: indie rock, jam bands, bubble-gum pop, post-punk, surf, hip-hop... you name it, we've got it.
On Thursday, September 18, Seven Days and Sugarbush are hosting What's Good: The Bands of Burlington Showcase at Nectar's/Club Metronome. It's a 2-floor event featuring the best bands around. Think of it as a primer on the Burlington music scene. Best of all, it's 18+ and only $5! (Admission benefits The Radiator — Burlington's low-power indie radio station.)
- If you're on Facebook, click here to see who's coming and RSVP yourself...
- Not on Facebook? Continue reading for all the details...
The lineup is impeccable:
- Swale (rock)
- The Aztext (hip-hop)
- Japhy Ryder (prog rock)
- Husbands AKA (ska punk)
- The Vanderpolls, formerly "The Jazz Guys" (rock)
- Lowell Thompson (alt-country)
- In Memory of Pluto (indie-rock)
- and other bands TBA...
If it's even possible, this show gets better. Comedian Alex Nief is hosting and we're giving away all kinds of stuff all night:
- Free T-shirts to the first 200 in the door
- A Burton (eek!) snowboard
- Buy a Sugarbush All-Mountain Pass at the party for only $319 and be entered to win free lift tickets, lunch and a day of cat skiing for two!
- Plus, much more excellent swag....
We hope to see you there — you won't want to miss it!